[Arm-netbook] HDMI High-Frequency Layout: Recommendations--Taper

Richard Wilbur richard.wilbur at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 22:32:29 GMT 2017

Here's another view of the connector end with some slight revisions of
the ground fill and keepout boundaries between the ESD and connector
components.

1.  I moved the East extent of the layer 3 ground fill east to the
edge of the connector pads.
2.  The layer 2 ground keepout remains open under the high-frequency
pads of both the ESD component and the connector.
3.  The layer 2,3,4 ground keepout West edge moved with the East edge
of the layer 3 ground fill to the edge of the connector pads.

Thanks for the images and video, Luke.

Basically, this change is an attempt to drop from layer 1 microstrips
over layer 2 ground in the normal transmission line to layer 1
microstrips over layer 3 ground as we pass through the ESD component
layout and on to the connector at which point we transition to layer 1
pads (close spacing) over layer 5 ground.

On the other side we have layer 6 microstrips over layer 5 ground in
the normal transmission line.  We transition to layer 6 microstrips
over layer 4 ground as we pass through the ESD component layout.  We
move back to layer 6 microstrips over layer 5 ground on the way to the
vias that will connect us to layer 1 connector pads.