[Arm-netbook] physics analysis needed of belt-driven pulley system

Hrvoje Lasic lasich at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 11:38:55 BST 2017

Ok, so correct me if I am wrong but you are asking some mechanical
questions.

so, I speak in general now and if you have question ask deeper.

Force needed to drive whatever you want to drive will be exactly the same
at the end part of system. But efficiency of belt system could be slightly
different then efficiency of `non` pulley system (whatever it is). But
again, efficiency could be neglected for sake of easy of calculation or you
can put around some value that (guess) could be 80-90%.

What you will be looking is gear ratio on pulley that could alter
force/speed ratio and same thing on other system.

also, you will be looking on backlash.

On 19 August 2017 at 11:51, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:

> some background:
> http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?177,767087,784083#msg-784083
>
> and the same question here:
> https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/352661/
>
> can anyone help?  basically - and i really should have done this
> before going ahead... *sigh*... - when you have a pulley system is the
> amount of force on the belt less, equal, or greater, under the same
> *print-head* acceleration conditions, compared to a *non* pulley
> system?
>
> l.

Hrvoje Lasić
Vulpes d.o.o.