[Arm-netbook] frickin funny

Bill Kontos vkontogpls at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 09:32:15 BST 2017

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/78w8jy/pcmcia-once-defined-portable-computing-now-its-a-cable-industry-oddity

A year or 2 back I was reading Cory Doctorow's Little Brother and I
was wondering "what happened to the upgradable personal electronics he
envisioned", we were clearly heading that way in the 90s. And it's not
like upgradable electronics would be the end all be all, the world
would still be able to monitor us as usual. We could have had both
faster and more upgradable laptops today, yet we are still trying to
reverse engineer apple's pin shuffling on their macbook pro ssds...
Luckily Luke stepped in the game to show them off :)