[Arm-netbook] Init Freedom

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Aug 9 11:46:39 BST 2017

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 10:34 AM, zap <calmstorm at posteo.de> wrote:
>>  i'd be much more comfortable with you taking responsibility for your
>> own decision-making (and rationale)  not least, you can double-check
>> mine.

> I don't really understand completely, I guess

 well you did ok here.   you're posting inline so that's great (you've
been good at doing that).

>>  btw PLEASE zap, i believe i've had to tell you four or five times
>> now, please TRIM UNNECESSARY CONTEXT.  i set some rules and have one
>> person still in moderation, i can't just arbitrarily ignore those
>> rules.
>>
>>  do you see what i did above?  i cut out everything that wasn't
>> relevant.  PLEASE DO THE SAME.
>>
> Trim like this?

 this time you took out the "to unsubscribe blah blah" bit... so yes.

> To be honest, I thought I did trim it enough. my bad.

me which was *not* related in any way to what *you* were saying, and
you left in the "to unsubscribe blah blah" notice.

 imagine that this is a real conversation.  whilst it's good practice
to repeat a "summary" of what the other person has said, in order to
indicate that you understand what they've said, if you repeated EVERY
SINGLE WORD they'd get f*****d-off with you pretty quickly.

 basically you have to get inside the other person (or people's)
head(s), and think, "okay, if i saw this, how much time would it take
to read, is everything in it *absolutely* necessary, but also is it
long enough (*enough* context) so that they'll understand where the
conversation left off?"

 that's what it's all about.