[Arm-netbook] Solid wood corner prototype

Bluey bluey at smallfootprint.info
Sun Apr 30 15:04:51 BST 2017

>>> I also didn't add the slot for the PCB, mostly because I wasn't sure of
>>> the size, and I didn't have the appropriate cutter lying close by.  I
>>> have a couple thoughts on that.
>>
>> hmm me too: a CNC lathe would do the trick.  the slot is essential in
>> one of the parts for access to the PCMCIA eject-button.
>
>> http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/3dcase/microdesktop_model2_corner.stl
>
> Yeah.  At the complexity of the inside you have there, I don't see
> anything short of CNC that that could reasonably do the job.  Those sharp
> inside corners are hard, but it looks like a single cutter pass can
> probably run past far enough to work if that direction were taken.

Not sure if you are looking for one but this reasonably-priced CNC kit machine seems to get good reviews on Amazon: https://www.bobscnc.com/collections/cnc-routers-engravers/products/e3-cnc-engraving-kit <https://www.bobscnc.com/collections/cnc-routers-engravers/products/e3-cnc-engraving-kit>

- Bluey