[Arm-netbook] Solid wood corner prototype

Tor, the Marqueteur Marqueteur at FineArtMarquetry.com
Sun Apr 30 13:06:16 BST 2017

On 30/04/17 01:38, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 12:04 PM, zap <zapper at openmailbox.org> wrote:
>> I just hope you use extremely strong wood Luke.
>>
>> ;)
>
>  whole device is under 100g, but yes hard-grain wood will be needed as
> those are quite small grooves.

Given the overall sizes and weights, most woods will work.  I wouldn't
choose Oak by preference, but on the whole, the list of reasonably common
woods that can't be used is probably smaller than the list that can.
Maple or Birch would both be very good choices and match the plywood of
the rest of the case.

Given Maple prices around here (on the more expensive side of Maple), the
wood cost for 2000 of these should still come in under $50 US.

Tor

--
Tor Chantara
http://www.fineartmarquetry.com/