[Arm-netbook] Certification Mark: My hat in the Ring

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri Apr 21 16:26:46 BST 2017

On Friday 21. April 2017 05.08.22 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> bit too weird, man :)

I had a bit of a sketch and came up with this:

http://www.boddie.org.uk/downloads/EOMA68/logo.svg

A lot of the earlier logos were quite literal and incorporated specific
hardware details or tried to communicate "hardware", but I agree with Hrvoje
Lasic:

"But also keep in mind that logo is about identity, not business model that
exist today."

So I just focused on the text and tried to redraw it as the graphic itself.
Font usage can bring up all sorts of problems in addition to trying to find
something that is pleasing to the eye.

There are no heavy meanings to be found here. I like the way you can invert
most of the letters and read the same thing, so it made sense to turn it into
a broadly circular design. Also, circular marks are not unusual.

Paul