[Arm-netbook] I saw your recent update, Luke

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Apr 18 10:53:04 BST 2017

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 10:30 AM, John Luke Gibson <eaterjolly at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/16/17, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>>  so, first things, it wouldn't work (because it is necessary to ship
>> with the sunxi 3.4.104+ kernel as it is the *only* linux kernel that
>> supports the *FULL* set of hardware, and systemd is *NOT COMPATIBLE*
>
> Look what I found while investigating guixsd's development status with arm:
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/shepherd/

 fascinating.  bizarre but fascinating.  i seem to remember chris from
thinkpenguin mentioned it to me (or someone did) as a potential OS to
investigate: with four already on the list i remember thinking "ok
that's probably enough for now".

 still, might be worth investigating at some point.  it's on the GSoC
list so clearly has a following.