[Arm-netbook] I saw your recent update, Luke

Pablo pablo at parobalth.org
Mon Apr 17 14:24:33 BST 2017

On Sun, Apr 16, 2017 at 04:18:08PM +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> ---
> crowd-funded eco-conscious hardware: https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68
>

> On Sun, Apr 16, 2017 at 3:11 PM, Pablo <pablo at parobalth.org> wrote:
> >>  it's actually incredibly straightforward to get a Card set up with a new OS:
> >>  https://wiki.debian.org/ArmHardFloatChroot
> >>
> >>  err... then... err... copy that to a MicroSD card and... err.. that's
> >> it.  done.
> >
> > It is true that there has been (heated) discussions about what kind of
> > image should be shipped with the Eoma68-A20 cards and a lot has been
> > explained here at this list and with the updates at crowdsupply.
> > Still it seems kind of unfair to point Zap in the direction of how to
> > set up a root filesystem as it is obviously not the hard part.
>
>  that's a misunderstanding and is out-of-context, so allow me to
> clarify: note the first part of what i said: I EXPECT THERE TO BE
> SEVERAL PEOPLE INTERESTED IN CREATING THEIR OWN CARDS.
>
>  that means that there will be a ton of people to ask "how do i create
> my own Card image".

Yes, I agree. Thank you for the clarification.

>  there is even such documentation on the rhombus-tech wiki.  kernel
> configs and links to kernel configs are included, as well as
> instructions on how to compile them.

I am trying to prepare to build a mainline kernel on the development
board and/or my Eoma68-A20 card.
So far at rhombus-tech.net I found:
http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner/a20/boot/
and
http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner/a20/nand_mainline_boot/

At linux-sunxi.org I found this Howto for mainline kernel:
http://linux-sunxi.org/Mainline_Kernel_Howto

Now can I simply run:

    make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- sunxi_defconfig

    ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- make zImage dtbs modules

to get a mainline kernel usable with the A20 card?
Did I miss some important sources at rhombus-tech?

kind regards
Pablo