[Arm-netbook] I saw your recent update, Luke

Pablo pablo at parobalth.org
Sun Apr 16 15:11:36 BST 2017

>  it's actually incredibly straightforward to get a Card set up with a new OS:
>  https://wiki.debian.org/ArmHardFloatChroot
>
>  err... then... err... copy that to a MicroSD card and... err.. that's
> it.  done.

It is true that there has been (heated) discussions about what kind of
image should be shipped with the Eoma68-A20 cards and a lot has been
explained here at this list and with the updates at crowdsupply.
Still it seems kind of unfair to point Zap in the direction of how to
set up a root filesystem as it is obviously not the hard part.
The hard parts are the mentioned mainline kernel bug somewhere after
4.7-rc1 and to get all or most of the hardware working with a mainline
kernel or at least a custom kernel based on mainline and to make
everything work smooth with vanilla Debian.
Some minor issues can be the correct setup of U-boot, sd-card
filesystems, kernel config, ... although we can probably copy from the
Eoma68-A20-Sd-Card provided by Luke.

kind regards
Pablo