[Arm-netbook] microdesktop v1.7 arrived, works fine... but...

Joseph Honold mozzwald at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 13:38:51 BST 2017

On 04/06/2017 12:12 AM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> now, i _could_ convert to eMMC but it's too much of a major redesign:
> it involves disrupting the RGB/TTL tracks, and may require at least
> two more rounds of pre-production prototyping...
>
> ... it's too much: it's too risky... and i'm getting fed up.  so.
> what i'm going to do instead is: cut the NAND IC entirely, then wire
> SDC2 (which is the same pins as the NAND) to the *ON-BOARD* Micro-SD
> card slot, instead.

Not that I'm against dual SD slots, but from what I see, NAND and eMMC
share the same pins so it should be easy enough to add the bga
footprint and the required passives.

The MarsBoard A20 has pads for both NAND and eMMC in the same
footprint so you can use one or the other without losing board space.

http://www.haoyuelectronics.com/service/A10-A20/Schematics/CM-A10&A20/