[Arm-netbook] Future case idea: subnotebook/PDA with QWERTY keyboard

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Wed Sep 28 07:36:05 BST 2016

On Fri, 2016-09-02 at 09:33 -0500, Joseph Honold wrote:
> A handheld QWERTY device has been my goal for EOMA68 since I found out about it.
>
> I've been looking at various LCD options and all of the RGB ones that are 3.5"-4" have low resolution (320x240, 480x320, and expensive 640x480).

About $13 spot price for OLEDs with very high definition and paper thin
because there is no need for back light. Some LeTV smartphones for
example. Most vendors don't even boast they are using OLED.
All wrapped up in NDAs so no look in at the moment for
off the shelf high definition OLED generic displays :(
I'm sure that will change with first company to break ranks :)
They would just grow wings and fly off the shelves.