[Arm-netbook] The sincerest form of flattery

Mike Leimon leimon at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 02:21:46 BST 2016

I saw this link today and thought to myself that it looked awfully
familiar....

http://liliputing.com/2016/09/closer-look-kangaroo-notebook-modular-pc-system-video.html

While I am hoping their pilot program is successful (because modular and
upgradeable laptops is a great idea), this whole implementation appears to
be proprietary from top to bottom and without any concern for libre usage.

I suppose the other positive aspect to this (assuming the product takes off
for them) is that there will a larger consumer base out there that is
familiar with this sort of modular device paradigm. Perhaps at that point,
the concept of the EOMA68 standard won't be such a stretch of the
imagination for some people.

Anyhow, it was an interesting read.