[Arm-netbook] possessive "it's"

Normand Chamberland gemnoc at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 20:29:34 BST 2016

Le 2016-09-10 à 15:25, Normand Chamberland a écrit :
> On 2016-09-10 at 15:15, Stefan Monnier wrote :
>>>  in french, the number "98" is *five syllables* with a massive amount
>> Sorry, but I only count 3 (or 4 if you pronounce the "e") syllables
>> in "nonante-huit".
>>

>>         Stefan "speaking French from another country than France"

> Sorry Stefan, but I strongly doubt that "nonante" for 90 and "septante"
> for 70 are widely used in Francophonie. The most widely used term should
> take precedence over regionalisms.
>
> https://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/nonante
>
>             Normand "from Québec, Canada where "nonante" is *never,
> ever* used."

I'm sorry to admit that I didn't bother reading the whole conversation
prior to replying first. I mistakenly assumed this was related to some
planned documentation about EOMA, but it appears it was just iddle talk.
So please disregard and carry on, nothing wrong in using regionalisms in
a specific country... In French Canada we have a boatload of them! :-P

Again sorry,

Normand