[Arm-netbook] possessive "it's"

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Sep 9 23:07:36 BST 2016

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 10:08 PM, Albert ARIBAUD <albert.aribaud at free.fr> wrote:
> Bonjour,

 allo albert.  i found the 2 frida LCDs btw.

> <nag mode ON>
>
> OTOH, we French have primed the use of the metric system before 1800
> while even today the British and Americans (among others) insist on
> using some imperial system(s). :)
>
> </nag>

 haha yeah in electronics they use mm *and* mil (thousands of an inch)
- i use both (!) regularly in the electronics designs i'm doing...
blergh...

> (I can't help smiling every time I re-read the footnote in _Good Omens_
> about the old British currency system and how the Brits considered the
> decimal currency system /too complicated/ to adopt.)

 oo, oo, i remember!   well, it's true.  12 you can count on the
knuckles of four fingers, and it divides cleanly by 2, 3, 4 *and* 6!
12 is a coool number...