[Arm-netbook] Puzzle Phone? FOSS?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Sep 8 13:29:18 BST 2016

---

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 12:55 PM, Alexander .S.T. Ross
<maillist_arm-netbook at aross.me> wrote:
> catching up with the news that project ara is dead i leant of puzzlephone:
> http://www.puzzlephone.com
> does anyone know weather they mean by them taking care of firmware? Do
> they mean 100% FLOSS or other?

 *sigh* doesn't look hugely "open" to me - mind you the site appears
to be designed for marketing / promotion, not developers.  they do
*say* it's an "open standard" so might be worthwhile giving them the
benefit of the doubt.  the team looks switched-on.