[Arm-netbook] One issue with the EOMA68 Wikipedia

Mike Leimon leimon at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 21:20:53 BST 2016

Luke,

I took a quick glance at the Wikipedia entry and saw what I thought was an
error and I will fix the problem if you can confirm that I understand the
situation correctly.

The wikipedia article says the following:

"""

There are two different physical profiles of EOMA68 (based around the
legacy PCMCIA <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCMCIA> classifications):[2]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EOMA-68#cite_note-2>

   - 54 mm × 85.6 mm; 5mm variant (Type II)
   - 54 mm × 85.6 mm; 3.3mm variant (Type I)

Type I is reserved for up to 1366x768 RGB/TTL video output; Type II is
reserved for up to 1920x1080 RGB/TTL video output, on the basis that a Type
I 3.3mm card may fit into a Type II 5.0mm socket but not vice versa. Thus,
a module with a lower-capacity video output will physically be prevented
from being used with incompatible higher-resolution devices, preventing any
possible confusion about interoperability.
"""

However, as I understand things, the second part of the article is
incorrect and should probably be as follows:

"""

Type II is reserved for up to 1366x768 RGB/TTL video output; Type I is
reserved for up to 1920x1080 RGB/TTL video output, on the basis that a Type
I 3.3mm card may fit into a Type II 5.0mm socket but not vice versa. Thus,
a module with a lower-capacity video output will physically be prevented
from being used with incompatible higher-resolution devices, preventing any
possible confusion about interoperability.
"""

Please respond and let me know if I am understanding this issue correctly
and if so, I'll make this correction to the article after I am back home
from work for the day.

I'm not sure about any other issues with the article but, when I get a
chance I'll try to take a closer look at it (maybe some time tomorrow).

-Mike