[Arm-netbook] Future case idea: subnotebook/PDA with QWERTY keyboard

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sun Sep 4 22:42:04 BST 2016

On Sunday 4. September 2016 23.14.22 Joseph Honold wrote:
> On 09/04/2016 03:11 PM, Paul Boddie wrote:
> >
> > That's asking for trouble! One thing I wouldn't mind knowing is how
> > decent space bars are done using domes. Do they really involve multiple
> > domes, or are there elongated ones that do this job?
>
> What trouble?

I just meant that everybody has their own favourite layout. ;-)

> They do make oblong snap domes:
> http://www.snaptron.com/products/standard-domes/e-series/e-series-oblong/
>
> Makes sense to use an oblong one but it depends on what's cheaper. If three
> regular snap domes are cheaper than one oblong, use the regular size (plus
> the qty discount if they're all the same).
>
> Never had any issues with my Zipit spacebar that use 3 domes.

Well, if it works... I saw one keypad design once that had maybe three
separate space buttons next to each other, which I thought was rather
horrible.

The Ben NanoNote has a single space button, of course, which isn't really
enough for anyone used to anything larger.

Paul