[Arm-netbook] New Open Access Journal for Open Source Hardware

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Sep 1 19:53:51 BST 2016

---

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 7:30 PM, Al Billings <albill at openbuddha.com> wrote:
> On 9/1/16 11:15 AM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>>  they use the phrase "open source hardware".  as in, it's okay to
>> create hardware with built-in DRM locking, Tivoisation and other
>> unethical traps that are disguised as "open" but in fact mislead
>> people and entrap them.
>
> Oh look. It is time for a religious war.

 that's not very helpful, al.  please don't use sarcasm on this list
in a derogatory way, or distract me from fulfilling my promises.
there are plenty of other lists where that behaviour is acceptable:
this isn't one of them.

 just a couple of hours ago i sent a message explaining i am dealing
with an enormous and completely overwhelming list of tasks in order to
fulfil the promises and committments that have just been made to over
1,500 people.  i don't appreciate having to deal with sarcastic
remarks as a major distraction from any one of those tasks.

i trust that that's really *really* clear.