[Arm-netbook] Block Diagram - ZEOMA - Handheld Games Console

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Oct 18 13:28:42 BST 2016

On 10/18/16, ryan <rrryan at tds.net> wrote:

> On 10/17/2016 07:46 PM, mdn wrote:
>> Another one witch is also a compromise that I come up with.
>> Is that since all video games are ephemera (1 or 2 years) what you can
>> do is to sell the content of it and releases the software/sources under
>> free/libre licence and when you have made/reached the estimate amount of
>> money or more you can release under copyleft the content of the game
>> (art etc...).

this happened with descent and descent 2.  the first 3d game ever to
have 6 degrees of freedom. you can look it up (on sourceforge i
believe) and compile it up for DOS as well as linux.  the data files
are non-free (but still accessible) and there is a community around
the engine creating their own maps.

the really *really* nice thing about descent is that it actually works
well on 320x240 on 16mhz 386s all the way up to modern systems.