[Arm-netbook] Block Diagram - ZEOMA - Handheld Games Console

GaCuest gacuest at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 11:16:09 BST 2016

El 16 de octubre de 2016 a las 2:57:51, Joseph Honold
(mozzwald at gmail.com) escribió:
> On 10/15/2016 06:21 PM, GaCuest wrote:
> > Hello everyone!
> >
> > If anyone if interested, I’ve updated the block diagram with new
> > changes:
> > http://george.the-petries.co.uk/shared-write-access/eoma/Block%20Diagram%20ZEOMA/Block%20Diagram%20Console%202.1.png
> >
> > Any suggestions/corrections are appreciated. Thanks!
>
> Do you have a chip picked out to provide 5V boost to the EOMA card
> yet? The AXP209 does not appear to provide it.
>
> My plan for handheld computer was to use a TI brand LiPo charging IC
> and 5V boost. The AXP209 seems like a better idea than the TI charging
> solution since it has configurable regulator outputs and lower cost.

I have little idea about electronics, so I try to use the schematic of the
tablet that Luke was doing.

I have seen this:
http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/tablet5.pdf

So it seems, he uses SY7208 to provide 5V to EOMA68.

Yes, my choice of AXP209 is cost-effective and the possibility to reuse
the work of Luke.

> Also, I see you are not using SSD2828 for RGB to MIPI conversion
> anymore. This week I finished up a preliminary schematic for a SSD2828
> testing/breakout board. I briefly started the layout and began to have
> second thoughts. It seems like too much work to incorporate it. I'm
> now looking for ~4 inch RGB LCD's instead.

As I mentioned earlier, I have little idea about electronics. If I use
SSD2828, possibly I could never do it.

In addition, FRIDA has given me a good screen (IPS, 4.5inch,
480x854, and RGB 18-bit) with resistive touch panel for a good price
($9.5). Perhaps the problem is that the MOQ is 5000 units, but if I
want to do ZEOMA, that should be the minimum selling amount, as
the costs of injection molds for plastic are also high. Produce ZEOMA
in lower amounts would do that the price was very high (as with Pyra).