[Arm-netbook] Block Diagram - ZEOMA - Handheld Games Console

mdn bernardlprf at openmailbox.org
Sat Oct 15 16:31:36 BST 2016

Le 15/10/2016 16:40, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton a écrit :
> On 10/15/16, mdn <bernardlprf at openmailbox.org> wrote:
>> Debian's approach of this isn't really ethical.
>
>  they're doing the best that they believe they can do, but they _have_
> been told.  see joey hess's very public description of the Debian
> Charter as a "toxic document".
Tanks for the reference

>  i've spoken to the FSF about this: from what i gather, the changes
> required are actually very very simple: all they have to do is add in
> a simple popup message whenever someone clicks the "nonfree" section,
> issuing a warning to the end-user that the consequences of their
> actions are leading them into unethical territory.
>
>  ... how simple would that be to add?
Not a all, but that was a rhetoric question.
I am looking forward to make pedagogic help for basic users, I was one
myself and I know that even a bit of more help (more that just a popup)
isn’t that hard to help, it's just very time consuming.

> the other parts (creating separate DNS names and different
> repositories for the nonfree sections) could be done transparently
> with HTTP rewrites and redirects (just like devuan seems to be doing)
> as an interim measure, then removed at some appropriate point after a
> couple of major releases.
>
> it's really, really not very hard, and we'd end up with Debian - one
> of the world's leading Software Libre OSes - being RYF Compliant.
>
> as it is, we have to fuck around forking tens of THOUSANDs of
> packages, with efforts to do so failing under the sheer weight of the
> task and the required resources.
Agreed

> i really really wish the debian group would wake up, just a little bit.
((trolling) same thing with systemd I wish debian would wake up)

Sorry I couldn't resist ^^