[Arm-netbook] C++ features

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sun Oct 2 16:45:43 BST 2016

On Sunday 2. October 2016 16.37.00 FaTony wrote:
> Hi. I'm making a C++ game engine and interested in supporting the A20
> board. I wonder what features are available there. What's the gcc/g++
> version? Is there a std::uint64_t type defined? Can it do 64 bit
> floating point?

I imagine that the supported gcc version will be that provided by the
distributions being offered. For Debian, you can find out versions by
searching on the packages site:

https://www.debian.org/distrib/packages

Searching for "gcc" should provide results that employ descriptive package
versions corresponding to the actual gcc version involved in each case
(although you may need to strip off prefixes like "4:" and suffixes like "-1"
as in "4:6.1.1-1" to get "6.1.1").

I see gcc 6.2.0 on Debian unstable, myself, but that's on i386. Nevertheless,
the supported architectures tend to offer the same versions of things if at
all possible. My cross-compilers seem to be 5.4.0, but an update is apparently
pending with those.

I can't answer the specific questions about the A20, but maybe the gcc ARM-
related notes can provide some answers. For example:

https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-6.2.0/gcc/ARM-Options.html

Paul