[Arm-netbook] EOMA68 laptop battery management.

Jakub Kákona kaklik at mlab.cz
Wed Mar 2 12:15:24 GMT 2016

Hello,

I take look on the bq24193's datasheet  and I think it is almost perfect IC
for intended application.
STC3115 seems to by quite cheap but not the best solution.

We currently have quite outdated, but still better battery gas gauging
design based on BQ34Z100.

Documentation is here
 http://www.mlab.cz/Modules/PowerSupply/LION1CELL01A/DOC/LION1CELL01A.pdf

I think the main work should be the redesign of our LION1CELL01A module
with bq24193 charger integrated in it. We should do it in KiCAD probably in
form of new MLAB module (for testing). The exact PCB for Libre laptop
should be derived from it then.

Is current blocks/circuit schematic of Libre laptop somewhere? I do not
understand how the higher voltages (+5V) or +12 (for LCD) are efficiently
generated from battery? Has this design higher efficiency than two balanced
cells connected in series?