[Arm-netbook] crowdfunding page is live

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Thu Jun 30 15:33:28 BST 2016

On Wednesday 29. June 2016 20.35.04 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> the page is now live, and runs till the 26th august.  please do help
> push that out to as many people as you can, blog about it, etc. we
> have thinkpenguin writing about it, liliputing is doing an article,
> i'll create a slashdot article, i'll be in touch with wired later
> today and so on.
>
> https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop

Congratulations on getting this far!

I like the fact that the computer cards are providing 2GB RAM and are thus
competitive with various other solutions...

https://wiki.debian.org/CheapServerBoxHardware

(I would add the EOMA68-A20 card to the list on that page, in combination with
the Micro-Desktop, but I guess the SATA/Ethernet requirement rules it out for
the time being: it's a list related to FreedomBox, after all. Maybe a future
device would manage to get onto such a list, but such lists are obviously not
the final word on whether an EOMA68-based solution would be usable for that
particular application.)

I'm inclined to pledge for the Micro-Desktop and EOMA68-A20, but I'd be very
interested in getting other cards as well, if the ones that were planned
(jz4775, IC1T) made it onto the bill. The possibility of experimenting with
different architectures, having a common platform in which to do it, is a
considerable strength of the EOMA68 concept.

Good luck with reaching the target!

Paul

P.S. Links for newer readers:

http://rhombus-tech.net/ingenic/jz4775/