[Arm-netbook] 2 ideas

Wolfgang Romey hier at wolfgangromey.de
Fri Jul 29 20:59:12 BST 2016

Hello Luke,

I am a bit surprized about your harsh reaction, but do not want to open a
discussion about fairphone.

You are right, that they started with a task, which is gigantic, but they
learned and hopefully will learn more. Some aspects which are for ME
important:

- they will offering an update of the os for the fairphone I. I has been hard
work as they made mistakes in the beginning, but they succeeded. For my two
years old LG-D855 there is no update in sight.

- they offer a google-free android for the fairphone II and it will be possible
to install other  OSs like Sailfish or Ubuntu mobil. They try to built a
community

- they got 10 points on ifixit for the easy way to repair it and their modular
construction.

- the are using more conflict free minerals and there are better working
conditions in as with the great players.

Do you know any other smartphone, which is a better choicel than the
Fairphone?

Wolfgang

--

Wolfgang Romey
Krokusstraße 37

geraspora: https://pod.geraspora.de/people/9002a1416a4e4a9d
loadaverage: https://loadaverage.org/hier
tox: wolfgang_romey at toxme.se

Bitte Anhänge nur in freien Formaten.
Die Nachricht ist signiert, der öffentliche Schlüssel wird auf Anfrage
zugeleitet.