[Arm-netbook] Development environment for the A20 card

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Jul 27 13:45:59 BST 2016

---

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 11:01 AM, David Boddie <david at boddie.org.uk> wrote:
> Sorry if this has come up before and I missed it.
>
> Is there a recommended software development environment for the A20 card that
> people can use to experiment with in place of the real thing? I'm thinking of
> something as basic as a set of configuration options for qemu.

 qemu-arm works well, and there is also pbuild for command-line.  the
parabola setup actually recommends using pbuild to finish off the
bootstrap installation, i completed that using debian not parabola.

   https://wiki.parabola.nu/ARM_Installation_Guide#QEMU

so yeah it's really straightforward.  in the past i've also run linux
kernels under qemu-arm, i can't exactly remember how, it was a while
ago.  i vaguely recall some sort of memory limit at the time.