[Arm-netbook] What I have done so far

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Jul 26 17:49:51 BST 2016

---

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 8:43 AM, fuumind <fuumind at openmailbox.org> wrote:
> mån 2016-07-25 klockan 23:02 +0100 skrev Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton:
>>  most people have no clue what the difference is, they implicitly
>> trusted the manufacturers and have been betrayed by the
>> manufacturer's
>> pathological profit-maximising behaviour.
>
> I'd say that what consumers have fundamentally failed to understand is
> the nature of the corporation as defined by law. It is *supposed* to be
> maximising profit. To trust such an entity is either to be blind or to
> be a fool.

 google: "don't be evil! [except where it interferes with
profit-maximisation]...."

 professor yunus in his book "creating a world without poverty" sadly
has to explain to us that "Corporate Social Responsibility" clauses
are, when the chips are down, "Corporate Financial
*IR*responsibility"...

 *every* corporation's director(s) that have something other than
profit-maximisation as their mantra is either lying through their
teeth or they are misguided and dangerously misinformed as to what
their legal obligations under Company Law really are.

 it's not a good situation.  the solution if you want to do something
"good" as well as remain truly ethical is Benefit Corporations in the
USA or Community Interest Companies in the UK.  Australia they have
Foundations, it costs $AUD 2500 to set one up.