[Arm-netbook] Devuan

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Jul 23 17:20:18 BST 2016

---

On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 9:05 AM, shraptor <shraptor at bahnhof.se> wrote:
> I want to back the computer card crowd funding.
>
> I saw you were fiddling with Devuan and want to know if there is gonna
> be a "Devuan" computer card to back in the near future?

 there will - i'll be adding it in a couple of days, i have a stack of
"updates" ready to go, but we can't do them all at once :)  if you
prefer you can get a libre tea and change it later (contact
support at crowdsupply.com, cc me)

> I am interested in the laptop housing but that is at another price bracket.

 well at least you'll have the computer card, that's the critical
thing, we need to reach a MOQ of 250 units on that.  pricing will come
down later once we reach mass-volume, so you'll be able to get it much
cheaper in a couple of years, if that helps at all.

> I am not familiar with 3d printing and could you give an estimate what would
> a laptop case cost to print at a local shop?

 tell them that there's approximately 25 metres of 3.0mm PLA, that you
can use up to a 0.4mm nozzle and that a 0.15mm layer height is fine,
and they'll be able to give you a quote.  but DO NOT get the "cheap"
PLA - the stuff we know works is from Faberdashery, it's very high
quality and very strong.

 if they really really can't get decent very high quality PLA, then if
they can do PolyCarbonate or Nylon for the hinge parts left and right
(which are small, only about 0.15 metres of 3.0mm filament) then you
should be good.

> I guess then there is wiring and stuff todo after printing, right?

 yeahhhh, it's on the questions on the page, i will be documenting the
assembly to *beyond* the level that chris palmer did his instructions
for the mendel90.

 l.