[Arm-netbook] Getting the word out

Mike Leimon leimon at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 07:20:08 BST 2016

Greetings all,

I have been trying to help get the word out about the crowdfunding campaign
the past few days and I am thinking that the crowdfunding campaign should
probably be brought to the attention of the following people/groups:

* Linux Action Show (podcast) http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/

The Linux Action Show guys, did have some quantity of discussion in the
past (perhaps during their crowdfunding) and after release did finally do
reviews of both the Purism Librem 13 and 15 laptops. I'm not 100% sure but,
they seem idealistic enough that they might be willing to talk at some
length on the project or perhaps even better, talk about the project and
maybe even be willing to do an interview with Luke or Chris. Anyhow, their
podcast is pretty solid and is done on pretty much a weekly basis from what
I can tell. So check it out and if you think it's a good avenue to take,
please contact them and see if they can help raise awareness of your
project sooner, rather than later.

* Linux Voice (magazine) https://www.linuxvoice.com/

I may be biased in saying that I think this is the best Linux magazine but,
I'm going to go ahead and say it anyhow. This magazine got its start from a
crowdfunding campaign itself (indiegogo). While it might be a large
challenge to try and actually get a mention within their magazine (though
that would have the best effect by far), they do also produce a blog and a
monthly podcast (all of which would help raise visibility of the project).

At this point, I'm thinking that honestly I'm not the best person to
contact these groups and try to get things started but, I want to bring
these ideas to the attention of the list. If there is somebody else out
there who thinks that trying to contact these groups is a good idea then by
all means, contact them and I hope they give this project some airtime.

Hope these ideas help,
-Mike