[Arm-netbook] EOMA68 and display upsampling

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Dec 23 06:56:40 GMT 2016

---

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 6:41 AM, Tor, the Marqueteur
<Marqueteur at fineartmarquetry.com> wrote:

> Fine by me.  From the PCB thickness measurements I recall reading, I
> suppose manufacturers will be trying to figure out how to make type II
> compliant cards capable of feeding 1920x1080 to housings with that capacity.

 the only thing to watch out for, the high-frequency over PCMCIA
connectors (90ohm impedance when RGB/TTL is supposed to be 33) is
going to result in signal-bounce and EMI.

 the "gold cover" of Cardbus is there to help reduce that, but i
haven't been able to find a supplier of the Cardbus kits.