[Arm-netbook] EOMA68 and display upsampling

Tor, the Marqueteur Marqueteur at FineArtMarquetry.com
Fri Dec 23 00:00:59 GMT 2016

I was reading through the recent archives, and the question of displays
and upsampling caught my eye.

On list it was noted that upsampling is an expensive operation (and it
certainly is), but I'm not sure it has to be.

As I recall, most LCDs when driven with a lower resolution than native,
will simply repeat interspersed rows/columns as needed to fill the
display.  It looks dreadful, but it works.

Alternatively, is there any reason a display for type I couldn't be set
to recognize a type II 1366x768 and display it in the centre of the
display to avoid artifacts?  Or should such a display have a button to
switch modes so that it can display full screen with anything?

Tor

--
Tor Chantara
http://www.fineartmarquetry.com/