[Arm-netbook] new development laptop needed, looking at dell xps 13 9350

Julie Marchant onpon4 at riseup.net
Wed Dec 7 12:18:33 GMT 2016

On 12/07/2016 04:07 AM, Philip Hands wrote:
> and also constraining systemd when it is running as init
> to be backwards compatible with sysvinit in various ways, which means
> that there are things that Gnome can safely assume on the likes of
> Fedora which might not be true on a particular Debian install, so I
> guess Gnome on Debian has interesting little bugs that don't appear
> elsewhere.

What bugs? I didn't have any problem with GNOME on Debian Jessie, to my
recollection. In fact, the only problem I had on it was not being able
to compile SimpleScreenRecorder and OBS. Also, I don't see any reason
for there to be any special bugs; GNOME depends on and uses logind, not
initd.

--
Julie Marchant
https://onpon4.github.io