[Arm-netbook] new development laptop needed, looking at dell xps 13 9350

Wolfram Kahl kahl at cas.mcmaster.ca
Sun Dec 4 18:59:22 GMT 2016

On Sun, Dec 04, 2016 at 11:15:20AM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> well-built, high spec'd and high-priced

I am happy owner of an M3 from eurocom.com, which, together with
most of their machines, falls roughly into that category, too,
but comes (at your choice) without operating system pre-installed.
(I'm running gentoo GNU/Linux.)

Their philosophy is ``fully upgradeable'', so that may appeal to
you. If I understand correctly, these are really Clevo machines;
in Europe they are available under a different brand, which I forgot.
(``Eurocom'' sits in Ottawa...)

If you are still in China, perhaps you can even find a direct way to
buy a Clevo machine in Shenzhen or HK?

(The 13.3 inch M3 and M4 are not listed currently on the Eurocom
 main pages; I'd ask.)

(You brought at least one of those ThinkPenguin WiFi dongles?  ;-)

Good luck!

Wolfram