[Arm-netbook] EOMA68 Power Specifications

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Aug 30 23:46:34 BST 2016

---

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 11:35 PM, peter green <plugwash at p10link.net> wrote:

>>   above exactly 1.0A @ 5.0v, housings are ***REQUIRED*** to cut power
>> without warning.
>>

> This seems like a broken spec to me. Nothing in electronics is exact, so a
> sane spec should have a reasonable margin between the maximum current a card
> is allowed to draw and the point at which overcurrent protection is required
> to kick in.

 appreciated - very good point  this is the first time it's really
been discussed.  i'm already uncomfortable with the idea of having 5.0
watts in an enclosed space.  3.5 is okay.  i _was_ thinking of raising
the Housing limit to 5.5 watts, but was slightly concerned that people
would abuse the extra headroom.

 suggestions appreciated.... hmm... let me just add a section on the
specification / discussion on the elinux.org talk page to reference
this discussion...