[Arm-netbook] RGB/TTL interface

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Aug 28 20:07:42 BST 2016

---

On Sun, Aug 28, 2016 at 7:59 PM, Louis Pearson
<desttinghimgame at gmail.com> wrote:

> The "project" I'm doing is mostly about learning some new skills, it is a
> personal project that I'm doing on the side. It would be a handheld game
> console, mostly for GB or NES emulation.
>
> So I guess a Raspberry Pi would be a better target,

 not really.

> but... well, I rather
> like the idea of EOMA-68. My concept would be similar to the handheld ZEOMA
> console, but more reminiscent of the GameBoy. The benefit of using the
> EOMA-68 would be the ability to transfer your games between devices very
> easily.

 exactly.  and future upgradeability to faster processors... without
the effort of having to do a total redesign of the base console.

 this is why manuel decided to base the hand-held console around EOMA68.

> Eh, maybe it's not the greatest idea. I could just use a raspberry pi and it
> would work mostly the same.

 you'll still have exactly the same issues if you use a raspberry pi.
you'll still need to track down a suitable LCD.  you'll still have to
work out the interface interoperability.

 read these build instructions and tell me if you think it's a good idea:

 http://makezine.com/projects/build-raspberry-pi-powered-linux-laptop-that-fits-your-pocket/