[Arm-netbook] libre hardware

Christopher Havel laserhawk64 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 04:24:27 BST 2016

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 11:19 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <
lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 4:14 AM, Christopher Havel
> <laserhawk64 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The honest truth is that the triple-fistful of passives in there should
> be
> > replaced by a trio of dedicated flash-DAC chips -- far less crude and far
> > more effective.
>
>  .... but about $12 - as much as the rest of the BOM! - compared to around
> $1

But it's the *professional* way to do it. I'd say it's worth the extra
money not to have a bunch of EEs not faint dead away on the sight of it...
not to mention all the four-letter words Dave Jones will spout when he gets
his mitts on one... ;) trust me, he'll make the air bright blue.

(You *might* do that as a promo, Luke; the man's got quite a following...
he's an Aussie, though, so that shipping is gonna hurt...)