[Arm-netbook] Why Free hardware fails

pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) pelzflorian at pelzflorian.de
Thu Aug 25 20:48:30 BST 2016

On 08/25/2016 09:17 PM, Xavi Drudis Ferran wrote:
> I don't deny this, but what it's harder to believe for me is that a
> government organization buys in a crowfunding campaign. So this may
> come soon, but not yet.

I wanted to mention this as an idea for the future. EU government
organizations do procurements as long-term contracts on which companies
have to bid. The government organization will not seek out a company and
ask. On the other hand, winning a bid may secure as much funding as this
crowdfunding campaign. However, I’m not familiar enough with such bids,
so I may be wrong.

Regards,
Florian