[Arm-netbook] Verifying firmware

Russell Hyer russell.hyer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 19:55:41 BST 2016

I thought the whole argument of libre/free vs. open source had
absolutely nothing to do with the source itself, but it's about the
essential freedoms as granted in the software. So, in some respects,
Apple and Microsoft allow developers to see the source of at least
some of the systems (when you're developing on their systems), but the
systems that one creates in this way are non-free. And open source has
allowed companies like Google and co to whitewash the whole idea of
being free to program. (Luckily, their reach hasn't extended to
cooking food for ourselves, or we'd have to invent a government plan
to reduce/add/modify salt/sugar content in food. No wait, such
programs do exist!)

Russell
If days were numbered, this one would probably be 23...