[Arm-netbook] EOMA68-A20 schematics review / comparison needed - simple task.. just needs eyes

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Aug 15 01:58:22 BST 2016

---

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 1:53 AM, Wolfram Kahl <kahl at cas.mcmaster.ca> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 11:14:07PM +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>> what *really* needs to be done with as many eyes on it as possible is
>> to just go over both schematics and play "spot the difference".
>>
>> * Page 1 of the CT schematics needs to be compared to Page 5 of the
>> EOMA68-A20 ones
>> * Page 4 likewise needs to be compared to Page 10.
>>
>> http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/allwinner/a20/A20_Cubietruck_HW_V10_130606.pdf
>> http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/allwinner/a20/DS113-V2.2-2014-07-24.pdf
>
> In what formats and where are the sources for these available?

 PDFs... and no.  the cubietruck's board layout is proprietary.

> (This question arises as secondary from the more primary question:
>  ``are automated eyes for this purpose feasible'',
>  for which I might be tempted to attempt to force a ``Yes'' answer
>  if I find sources in appropriate formats.)

 nehhhh good question but you'd be looking at installing windows 7,
then installing ORCAD 16.3 and Mentor PADS 9.5... i mean i _have_
actually managed to get ORCAD running under Wine but due to a severe
limitation of wine that the developers have failed to comprehend for
over 10 years now the thing utterly sucks and blows at the same time
gaaaaaad it's slow :)

 by the time you've gone through all that hassle a simple visual scan
(i did one just now... 5 minutes... i'll do another one later, and
again next week) is far far quicker.