[Arm-netbook] The opposite of the EOMA-68 laptop

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Aug 8 19:29:26 BST 2016

---

On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 4:25 PM, David Boddie <david at boddie.org.uk> wrote:

>>  and although it's low-resolution, the video here gives a full walkthrough:
>>  http://rhombus-
> tech.net/community_ideas/laptop_15in/news/Component_walkthrough_pre_assembly/
>>
>>  ... bit of a difference, eh?
>
> Yes, quite! I've actually seen all of those before, I think. L-shaped circuit
> boards seem to be something that all laptops need to have! Very shiny!
>

> On Mon Aug 8 16:00:39 BST 2016, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>
>> tell you what, david: i have an idea.  would you like to do a "guest
>> update"?  basically pretty much exactly what you wrote, but published
>> on crowdsupply?
>
> Sure, if you think it would help. Let me know if/how I can improve the text
> and I'll get to it!

 hm i noticed it's quite long, something like the Cedrus one was 500
words.  would you be happy to do something instead that _references_
what you wrote, then includes one of each of the photos, mentioning
the stark contrast and summarising the difficulties that you had
opening the laptop?  even well less than 500 words - say only 2 or 3
paragraphs - would be absolutely fine.

 crowdsupply's web site used markdown so you can put references in
with [name](url), images they do differently, with {name_of_image} but
ref them by the URL and i'll let joshua's team to know to pick them up
and substitute them in.