[Arm-netbook] Questions

Christian Kellermann ckeen at pestilenz.org
Thu Aug 4 15:21:01 BST 2016

* Wolfgang Romey <hier at wolfgangromey.de> [160804 16:17]:
> Hello Christian,
>
> Am Donnerstag, 4. August 2016, 15:07:28 schrieb Christian Kellermann:
>
> > > Can I boot different OSs?
> >
> > Of course! This is a free device and you can install whatever happens
> > to run on the A20. Have a look at the updates section where Luke has
> > demonstrated different OSs running on the card already.
>
> I did not made clear, that I asked for a double boot system: Parabola from the
> NAND and debian from the SD-Card for example (and sugar-OS from another card).
> Or is double-boot from one sd-card possible?

Whatever you tell U-Boot to boot will be possible. Given the sices of
the SD cards available the possibilities are (not really)
endless. Although there is no smooth boot selection menu as known by
other systems (You'd have to code that yourself).

The boot order of the NAND and SD Card depends on the settings of the
ROM code. IDK whether that's been changable easily. But I think the SD
card gets preferred so whatever U-Boot you start from there will be
able to also boot from NAND...

Am I making sense to you?

Cheers,

Christian

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.