[Arm-netbook] Handheld Games Console

GaCuest gacuest at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 22:43:49 BST 2015

En 22 de septiembre de 2015 en 22:57:20, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton (lkcl at lkcl.net) escrito:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 7:38 PM, GaCuest wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> > I updated the block diagram. I would appreciate if someone can review it.
> >
> > http://rhombus-tech.net/community_ideas/games_console/news/pcb_block_diagram_22sep2015/
>
> ok so you liked the idea of being able to make a games controller
> from the same PCB, then? :) it would be really simple, a piece of
> plastic and a USB connector - done!

Yes, it's a good idea.

The problem is that we are not a professional team, so we can now focus only on the handheld games console. Daniel has very little free time, so for now we are progressing very slowly.

Another idea would be to create a EOMA-68 with FPGA (or similar) and use it as a pass-through card. For example, you can connect a PC Gamer to HDMI and USB of this EOMA-68, and you have a PC as a handheld games console.

> page 27:
> http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/CM108_DataSheet_v1.6.pdf
>
> i don't see a need for an EINT to the CM108AH.
>
> ah, i see what it is: the EINT goes directly to the Audio Jack.
> it's the physical audio socket which has a "connection" which is
> broken/made by the physical insertion of a jack. that, in software,
> you would then notice.
>
> actually what i've done in the hardware circuits i've made, is,
> although yes there is a connection there, i added in a resistor bridge
> into the circuit to bring the volume down when speakers are engaged.
> the CM108AH "normally" would drive the headphones (directly), but in
> "speaker" mode the L / R audio goes first to the headphones (where
> insertion of the jack would make it "cut out"), and from there (if no
> jack) it goes to the resistor-divider bridge to drop the voltage to
> 1/10th of its level, and *that* is fed into the TDA2822(s).
>
> so actually, in the circuit that i have done, strictly speaking the
> EINT headphone is totally irrelevant... i just added it "just in
> case", also to be able to do user-alerts.

So we have two options, put the EINT in the headphone jack, or put (this) second EINT in the FFC 40 pin connector in case we need it in the future on future screen. What is your recommendation?

Thanks.