[Arm-netbook] Open sourced A13 Kicad design mail server

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Mon Sep 21 11:47:04 BST 2015

On Mon, 2015-09-21 at 10:42 +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 8:01 AM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
> > Open sourced A13 Kicad design mail server
> >
> > https://www.own-mailbox.com/libre.html
>
>  yeh i think paul mentioned it last week.  the A13's easy to do a
> proper libre design because it's QFP.  well done them managing DDR RAM
> layouts with KiCAD though!  dang that must have been heavy going...
> but they did it.

Thanks to CERN, KiCAD now supports real time length tuning.
I tried it - put KiCAD into openGL mode and then
its absolute piece of cake!! (Youtube videos out there.)

>  hey you wanna know something ironic: the latest revision to eoma68
> would allow the use of the allwinner A13 at a reasonable cost...
> because no more ethernet phy on-board...

Absolute shame the A13 doesn't have sata (which i need for server use).
A lot more projects could have happened without bga but with sata.