[Arm-netbook] Documentary: Consumed - Is Our Consumer Culture Leading to Disaster?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Sep 18 13:11:34 BST 2015

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 4:22 AM, Alexander Stephen Thomas Ross
<maillist_arm-netbook at aross.me> wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOKl04TWVsU
>
> talks mainly about the people/human side of being consumed.

 yehhh it's good to have the problem defined... personally i prefer it
when there's advice offered at the end.  no need to shock people who
aren't really in a position to adapt to what they're being presented
with, which is why i like the "thrive movement" video.  they give you
a brief foray into some considerable research which must have been
done over several years, then, obviously, they'd sat down and gone
"hell, what can we offer that would get people _out_ of this mess??".

 that's what i'm doing with eoma - offering a solution that gets
people "out of the mess".  merely pointing out the problem doesn't
help, because all that happens is... people carry on living the exact
same mess... just with even more stress because at the back of their
mind they now *know* that what they're doing isn't going to end
well....