[Arm-netbook] Interchangeable screen

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Wed Sep 16 23:40:39 BST 2015

On Wednesday 16. September 2015 14.41.42 GaCuest wrote:
> Well, we are designing a handheld games console based on EOMA-68.

Are you involved in this effort...?

http://rhombus-tech.net/community_ideas/games_console/

> We have thought about doing an interchangeable screen. Users can buy the
> handheld games console without a display (more cheaper, users can use the
> HDMI of EOMA-68), with a 480p display or 720p display (more expensive) and
> upgrade it in a future. We would connect the TFT and touch screen
> connector on a PCB, and user may connect it with a connector to the base
> PCB.

It certainly sounds like an interesting idea, and screens are definitely
things that age most obviously (or have at least aged very obviously in the
past). Plus, albeit not for a games console, having screen technology choices
like e-paper would be nice for certain kinds of devices.

Sadly, I don't have any opinions about connectors, but I thought I'd indicate
some kind of support for what you're doing. :-)

Paul