[Arm-netbook] libre laptop power board, needs 2oz copper, any recommendations?

Hrvoje Lasic lasich at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 06:05:12 BST 2015

Pls try to contact this guy:

Shenzhen Xinjiaye Electronics Technology Co.,ltd

508Room Yong Hui building Bao Yuan Road Shenzhen city,China
TEL:+86-755-21638081
Mobile:+86-13603083165
Skype:nbdyummy
www.szxjypcb.com
sales-yummy at xjypcb.cn

*Global Sources Electronic Components ShowDate: 11th October 2015Place:
AsiaWorld-Expo, Hong KongBooth: 9G13*

*At very least you will get advice. They do prototypes but i don't know
about price. You can send him gerber files to check. If you decide they
make you complete prototypes,be extra careful with parts. When they buy on
local market they can mess / switch parts.*

On Saturday, September 12, 2015, peter green <plugwash at p10link.net> wrote:

> On 03/09/15 02:12, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>
>> ok, i checked with the eurocircuits online system, they can't handle
>> the power board.
>>

> It's worth actually contacting PCB vendors with your requirements. The
> specs listed for the online pool/quick quote type services are often not
> the absolute limits of what the vendor can do.
>
>> the LTC4155 is handling 4 amps, so the app note says that 2oz copper
>> is needed.  however, eurocircuits require a minimum track-to-track
>> clearance of 10mil which is totally incompatible with the distance
>> even between pads of the LTC4155 IC!
>>

> LTC recommend 0.25 mm pads and the chip has a 0.5 mm pad pitch which
> leaves a 0.25 mm between pads.
>
> That is under 10 mil but only barely.
>
>> therefore we conclude, simply, that eurocircuits doesn't have good
>> enough equipment, therefore it is necessary to find an alternative PCB
>> prototyping company.
>>
>> i've managed to get the track-to-track distance to 7mil, smallest via
>> is 10mil with a 24mil ring, track width is a minimum of 8mil, and the
>> size of the PCB is tiny: 3.4in x 1.2in.  it's only two layer,
>> components only on one side, but the copper needs to be 2oz.
>>
>> can anyone help with PCB manufacturing at all?
>>

> If you get desperate then contact zot, if they can't make it then
> proabablly noone can.

Hrvoje Lasić
Vulpes d.o.o.
Gračanska 120a