[Arm-netbook] Turris Omnia FLOSS Router

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Nov 15 16:30:30 GMT 2015

On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 4:24 PM, Alexander Stephen Thomas Ross
<maillist_arm-netbook at aross.me> wrote:
> https://omnia.turris.cz/en/
>
> thoughts?
>
> there’s one comment on the indiegogo page about the wifi chipsets there
> looking at using depending on sourcing.
>
> not sure that it will be completely free software (inc (ie wifi)firmware
> & driver).

 marvell.  *shudder*.  good luck to them.

> they don’t say what is definition of the "lifetime of the device" is,
> regarding updates for it?
>
> 2 years or 10?
>
> ######
>
> I’m looking to get a decent, free software router.
>
> come to think of it what about the eome-68 router? When eoma-68 isn’t
> going to have Ethernet?

 yehh i know.  that's the way it goes.  i didn't want to remove the
possibility of an eoma68 router at the lower-end cost but i figured,
if there are USB3 SoCs out there later, they can always put in a
multi-port GbE that way.