[Arm-netbook] CHIP - The World's First Nine Dollar Computer by Next Thing Co. — Kickstarter

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed May 13 16:24:46 BST 2015

[ ..Fun stuff..]
>> Problem: nowadays that's pretty insane. Suppose a user buys an
>> adapter with such chip and tries to enable standard Windows feature
>> of virtual AP. And if it doesn't, it cries in twitters and facebooks
>> "MicroSoft suxxxx!!111". Microsoft doesn't like vendors who do such
>> things to them, and look at them like sh%t.

Hmm... That's indeed what would happen for a GNU/Linux system, but
I thought with Microsoft the user is expected to say either "oh, this
adapter sucks" or "damn! what am I doing wrong?" since it wouldn't occur
to the user that it could be Microsoft's fault.
Of course, that'd be even more true with an Apple product (after all,
"it's soo pretty it can't possibly be wrong!").

        Stefan