[Arm-netbook] video of 15.6in laptop casework

Alexander Stephen Thomas Ross maillist_arm-netbook at aross.me
Fri Jul 17 02:11:11 BST 2015

On 09/07/15 21:06, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>  i picked the keyboard based on its availability, and the casework has
> to be hard-custom-made to match it *and* then you have to arrange the
> PCB *specifically* to match the output connector in *exactly* the
> right place for that absolute specific make and model of keyboard.
>
>  later on it will be possible to custom-design keys by asking the
> keyboard manufacturer to make something else, but that requires a MOQ
> of 50,000 units and takes a long time to arrange and source.
>
>  the keyboard i picked because it is very common in a number of OEM
> laptops, and a number of Packard Bell laptops as well.  so there is no
> danger of it going end-of-line for a good while yet.

ok thanks for giving me the picture. thought i recognised it as the
keyboard used in dell laptops. arr well, ill still buy it (cus its a
eoma laptop :D . i can always have a keyboard remapping time :).

i wonder, is it possible to get ones that are the same but for the
printed letters being Dvorak or other better for heath of ones hands
layout (where was another but i forget the name)? so same size, same
connector position, just different printed letters on the keys?

maybe there’s a little side biz to be had by someone in removing the m$
logo from the super key hehe.

thanks as always luke